Saturday, March 31, 2012

Stephanie Plum Novels- Janet Evanovich


After I finished The Hunger Games, I couldn't find any other books to read. As you know now, I love books that turn into movies, so I tried reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. That didn't work out so well. Too many big words. And I didn't understand what was going on in the beginning, so I decided to return it. Then I took a trip to Walmart during my lunch break and decided to look for other books to read there. I found The Vow and One for the Money- both movies. I tried checking out both of them at the library, but they weren't there. I decided I would just read one of them everyday while I was at lunch at Walmart so I wouldn't have to pay for the book. I didn't want to read The Vow in public though because that would have been embarrassing, so I started One for the Money. I got all the way to chapter 9 and then the people at Walmart took the book away! Now I had to find a way to get the book back because I was in the middle of it. I tried a different library by my work and it turns out the One for the Money is the first book of an 18+ book series! I was super excited because now I would have more books to read while my husband was home playing video games. AND, I love these books!

One for the Money 
Bad Guy: Benito Ramirez
Two for the Dough
Bad Guy: Kenny Manusco and Spiro
Three to get Deadly
Searching for: Moses Beidemer
Four to Score
Searching for: Maxine 
Bad Guy:Sugar
High Five
Searching for: Uncle Fred
Hot Six
Searching for: Ranger
Seven Up
Bad Guy: DeChooch
Hard Eight
Bad Guy: Abruzzi

These are the ones I have read so far. They are so good. Basically Stephanie Plum becomes a bounty hunter in the first one, and each book is a different case she's on. It's pretty much just the story of her life chasing after these people, but she also has this sexual tension between her and these other two guys: Joe Morelli and Ranger. Morelli is someone she's known since high school who has a bad reputation with women and is a cop, but they become involved with each other, and Ranger is a fellow bounty hunter who kind of trains and helps out Stephanie throughout the books, but kind of intimidates Stephanie with his mysteriousness. These books literally make me laugh out loud sometimes. I love the way Evanovich writes. I would totally recommend these books to all girls who can take a few cuss words and who don't flip out at a few sexual situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment