Monday, March 5, 2012

Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ



So, I don't have many friends out here in California yet. I work at a laminating company with seven men, so there's not much socializing outside of work going on there. Thankfully, I go to a church with a lot of friendly people, and I have been able to make some friends there. A couple of weeks ago, we had softball practice together for our tournament coming up, and afterwards we all got together to eat at Lucille's. It's this BBQ place over here in California that is supposedly really good. And since they all know I'm from Texas, my friends husband wanted to see if I'd like it better here than back home. 

I'm not going to lie. It came pretty close. My husband and I shared a full rack of baby-back ribs and a good amount of tri-tip. The ribs were a little too crunchy for me. My friend's husband admitted that they didn't taste like they usually do so maybe we just had a bad batch, but they were still pretty good. But the tri-tip... oh my goodness. I think that is the best BBQ meat I have ever had, especially with their sauce. I also always get macaroni and cheese for a side at a BBQ place because it's usually the best kind of mac and cheese there is, and it was pretty good. I would definitely eat there again, but when we make more money. It is a bit pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment