Saturday, May 12, 2012

One for the Money (PG-13)- Katherine Heigl

So, I've been reading all the Janet Evanovich's 'Stephanie Plum' novels, and I absolutely love them. I've been wanting to see One for the Money ever since I started reading her books, and a couple weeks ago, some friends from church asked us to go watch it with them. I was totally down to go since it was in the discount theater by then. 

Just a few things- the movie followed the book pretty well. I mean, the book was written in the 1990's and the movie just came out so it didn't seem really important to follow the book all that much. My husband said the movie was better than he expected it was going to be. I thought it was alright. But you want to know what really pissed me off? Ok, so in the books, Evanovich makes Morelli and Ranger seem like these very attractive men, all muscle-y, good-looking, drop dead sexy men. And as I've been reading them I've had my own idea of how they looked. But the freaken actors who played them are so disappointing! They are not attractive at all, especially the guy who played Morelli. I was expecting someone so much better looking than that. I mean, almost ALL movie stars are sooo attractive, and they had to pick one of the most unattractive actors out there?!? Come on! I was super disappointed. 

                                                    Not Attractive.

When I read the books, I still picture my Morelli, not that guy. Besides the fact that the actors didn't do anything for me, the movie was good. I'd watch it again. It's one of those movies where it's not all that great, but if it were to be a rerun on TV all the time like Legally Blonde, I would watch it every time it came on.

No comments:

Post a Comment