Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thor (PG-13)- Chris Hemsworth

I've been wanting to see this movie for awhile because Thor will be in "The Avengers" this year, and if I want to fully understand that movie, I need to know the stories behind the characters. So my husband and I finally got around to watching it, and at first, I thought it was just a really weird movie. I know superhero movies aren't real, but I like them more when they "can" be real. Like in Superman, Spiderman, and Batman, these superheros are on earth hiding from people, not giving away their identities, which makes it seem more real, and it is more enjoyable for me. So when Thor started out in this other world, I just didn't really like it. I think that's why I don't like Star Wars and other things like that. But Thor did get better... once he got to earth. It was funnier, more interesting, and more "realistic" I guess. 

So about the movie, my husband made a good point. How did Natalie Portman "fall" for Thor so fast? Was it just because she saw him with his shirt off? Because he was a huge stuck-up butt when he got to earth. I thought that was a push for a love story. And my husband also didn't know when Thor's personality actually changed. When did he go from this stuck-up butt to a noble person? I think it was when he realized he couldn't grab the hammer thingy. But it's not really clear. The movie was alright. I don't think I'd watch it again though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment