Sunday, May 26, 2013

Newer Movies

Silver Linings Playbook (R) - Bradley Cooper & Jennifer Lawrence

 I love Jennifer Lawrence. And Bradley Cooper come to think of it. And this movie was also nominated for best picture, so of course I had to see it. To be honest, I hadn't heard anything about it; I didn't know what it was about, I didn't know it was in the theaters, I didn't even hear anyone's opinions on it. I just knew that Jennifer Lawrence got Best Actress for this movie. We waited for it to come out on redbox because we were already too late to watch it in the theaters. And I absolutely loved it. I love Bradley's character in this movie because he is just so blunt about everything. He just says what's on his mind. I also love the realness of this movie. How there are really people in the world like that who struggle with some kind of craziness in their life. Jennifer Lawrence was also really good. I like how she always pops out of nowhere when Cooper's out running. I think there was a good amount of comedy and drama in this movie to make it really entertaining to watch.

The Great Gatsby (PG-13) - Leonardo DiCaprio


I should have known that if we had to read this book in school that it was going to be an unhappy ending. They always make us read crap like that. I don't ever remember reading it though, so I didn't know what the story was about. I'm just going to assume that my readers know the story, so if you don't, you can stop reading here. I think that Daisy, the main girl who is the love of Gatsby's life is just a stupid whore. Gah, I hate her so much. I can't believe she would even have to decide who she wanted to be with. The answer was so easy for her. Someone who loved her and did all these crazy parties for her, or some a-hole she was married to who slept around with other whores. What a stupid. I did like the movie though. It was crazy-weird like Moulin Rouge, with the weird effects and stuff like that. And of course Leo was in it; I love 85% of his movies. I don't think I'd watch this movie again though just because the story makes me so mad. Didn't even pay her respects when it was all her fault. What a slut. 

Iron Man 3 (PG-13) - Robert Downey, Jr. 


I usually always love any superhero movie. And I really like Iron Man movies because I just think he's so funny. So you can guess that I liked this movie. It wasn't really much different than any other superhero movies to me to where I was like, oh man I wanna see that again, but it was still good. Would I watch it again? Yeah, of course. So, just so I remember the story of this one: there were these people who could like heat up like crazy, and this terrorist who was messing with the US president, and Iron Man was trying to stop him pretty much. My favorite part was the terrorist. When you see it, you'll know what I mean.

Star Trek Into Darkness (PG-13) - Chris Pine 

 Now to be completely honest, I hate Star Trek. I watched it a lot as a kid with my dad only because if I watched it, I could stay up later and not have to go to bed. But I never liked it. I watched the first movie, one of the first movies I watched when I first met my husband. I don't remember much about it, but my husband likes to say that I didn't like the movie because I got confused. Which isn't true. Anyways, I wasn't too excited to watch this one. Well, it was more of, I wasn't too excited to waste $20 on a movie I wasn't really interested in seeing. But now I have to say it was worth it. I actually really like this one. I like how he was so sacrificial as captain, and how Spock was able to feel. Yeah, I teared up. I like to call my husband Spock because he feels no emotion. haha. I also like the whole story line; it wasn't all complicated to follow, and there was plenty of comedy in there to make me laugh. It was a really good movie and I'd like to see this one again.
  
Fast and Furious 6 (PG-13) - Vin Diesel, The Rock, Paul Walker


I really really like Fast Five. I liked it so much that I wanted to watch it again right after it was over. So I was super excited to watch this movie. Was I disappointed? Yeah. I don't really know why I didn't like it as much. Maybe because the fight scenes just lasted too long. There was one time when I was tensed up watching the fight scene, and after about what felt like 20 minutes I was like, ok this is just ridiculous and I got bored. My husband and I think Vin Diesel is just so funny. Everything he says is just over the top ridiculous. And then 50 cent. LOL. I'm not saying that I didn't like the movie, it was pretty good, but it just wasn't as good as Fast Five. I love The Rock. I like almost all of his movies. And Tyrese and Ludacris' parts were funny. I hate Michelle Rodriguez though. I think she is so ugly. But I loved how Vin Diesel loved her so much even though she didn't remember him. Tough guys in love are cute. Good movie.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment