Thursday, June 27, 2013

Book Movies

The Lucky One- Nicholas Sparks


I like to read books that are turned into movies. I might have mentioned that before. I never really wanted to read Nicholas Sparks books because I always felt kind of funny like I'm some mushy, lovey girl. But I was fresh out of ideas, so I decided to pick one up. I was greatly surprised. They are mushy, lovey books, but they are a fun and easy read. The Lucky One was really good. It was about a man who finds this girls picture in the war, and his friend believes that this picture is what kept him from dying the whole three years he was in the war, and he decides to travel across the states to find her. There was obviously a lot of other stuff that went on in the book, even a douche bag character that annoyed the crap out of me, and I really enjoyed it. I like how Sparks writes. At some chapters, he leaves you with cliff hangers and I like that because it's not every chapter, but enough to keep you wanting to read more.

Now the movie on the other hand. Of course the books are always better than the movies, but this movie was very disappointing. Like with Harry Potter, the movies are still exciting even though they don't match the books that well, but this one, the story was lacking A LOT of the details in the book. Like the douche bag character in the book was barely even a douche bag in the movie, and that sucked because even though I hated his character, I liked it because I hated him so much. I'd definitely recommend the book though.

Safe Haven- Nicholas Sparks


Now this book was amazing. It's about a girl who ran away from her abusive husband, but was always scared that he was going to find her. What an awful life to live. While I was reading this book, on the chapters that especially made me mad because the husband was an a-hole, I would slam the book closed, give an evil look to my husband and say, "If you EVER hit me, I would cut off your weener and throw it down the garbage disposal!" and then walk out of the room. But the book was just really good. It made me feel a lot of different emotions, and I was so tensed up during the end of the book because I was afraid of what was going to happen. Sparks really made me feel anxious and I loved it.

The movie was quite the opposite. This movie was just so different from the book that it made me angry. The parts that I loved the most in the book, the parts that made me feel  the most emotion weren't even in the movie, and the story was changed too much. The movie also started off super slow and I was getting bored with it. I'm surprised my brother and his friend didn't walk out of the room to watch something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment