Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bossypants- Tina Fey


I never really liked SNL, and I still don't. For some reason I just don't find it funny, except for the occasional SNL shorts, and the clips with Justin Timberlake in them. I actually don't really remember when I first saw Tina Fey, maybe it was when she did the Sarah Palin imitation. But anyway, when I first saw her, I loved her immediately. Was I disappointed in Baby Mama? Yeah, I was. I expected it to be a whole lot funnier. I started watching 30 Rock with my husband, and I loved her in that too, but Tracey Morgan was just too annoying for me so I stopped watching. But Date Night with Steve Carrell... That is my favorite movie of all time. I love it. So last Christmas, my brother-in-law got me Bossypants as a gift, and I was totally excited to start reading it. I didn't really know what to expect from the book either. I never really heard about it before and wasn't too sure if it was an autobiography or what. It is.

I enjoyed the book a lot. I will admit that there were a lot of references that I didn't understand, but it was a good read. I like the way she writes, it's like she's just talking to you, explaining how her life was, and she had a lot of funny and embarrassing stories. The one thing I didn't like is that she kind of went out of order of her life, like back and forth, which was a little confusing. But I'd definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment