Saturday, July 6, 2013

Man Movies

Shawshank Redemption (R)-Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman



What a sad movie. Not that it was actually sad, but that this innocent guy had to go to jail for so many years. I don't think that I would be so calm if I went to jail for my spouse being murdered either, especially if I wasn't the one who did it. I actually liked the movie a lot because it kept me interested the entire time, not knowing if he was really innocent or not, not knowing what was going to happen because Morgan Freeman kept saying that he liked this guy for some reason and I didn't know what to expect. I also think this movie had a good amount of humor in it for it not being a comedy, like when Morgan Freeman recites the same thing every year to see if he can be released. The old man in the movie made me sad though because he couldn't handle being free after being in jail for so long, and the other man who threatened to kill his friend so that he didn't have to leave jail- that's just so sad. It's funny though becuase this movie makes me feel sorry for criminals; it made me feel sad for an old man who murdered someone, or for Morgan Freeman because he couldn't get out of jail everytime they interviewed him to see if he was doing any better to be released. This is one of the few movies I'm glad my husband made me watch.

The Usual Suspects (R) - Too Many People


Bleh. I got confused. I hate when I get confused during movies, it makes me like it less. I got confused because they introduced so many characters at once who look alike without saying their names and then they expect me to remember who they are and what crime they did and who the baddest of them all is?! Yeah, I'm not going to remember that. I also didn't like how bloody and disgusting it was. I can only take so much. And I knew the ending! I knew it. I didn't know it exactly, but I knew something like that was going to happen. I don't think I'd ever watch this movie again though. Maybe one more time so that I could actually watch it and understand it at the same time, but then again, maybe not.

A Good Day to Die Hard (R) - Bruce Willis


O.M.G. Hilarious! I thought this movie was just too ridiculous. I think Bruce Willis' lines just get worse and worse the more movies there are. He is just too corny; every single line he says is like he's a bad comedian. Made me roll my eyes too many times in this movie, I'm surprised they're not stuck like that. (See how not funny that was, but it was supposed to be?) There was one part that I absolutely loved though. It's when they are jumping out of this building while the bad guy is in a helicopter, and Bruce Willis has enough time and energy to turn in mid-air to flick off the bad guy. I died laughing. That's pretty much all I remember to this movie. It was all too funny. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment