Tuesday, August 6, 2013

All Caught Up

Blue Valentine (R) - Ryan Gosling


I don't even know why I like Ryan Gosling so much because his movies are always so weird. I didn't like him in Drive, and I didn't really like him in this movie either. This movie was way too dark and weird for me. Basically this girl gets preggos and then he decides to marry her so they can start a family. He takes care of her even though sometimes he gets a little crazy and is kind of a bum. But he is still so good to her! And then the end is just sad. I didn't like how the movie kept going back and forth because that crap always confuses me. Anyways, this movie was no bueno.  

Skyfall (PG-13) - Daniel Craig

I'm not really into James Bond stuff. The only thing I ever liked about it was the video game when I used to watch my older brother and his friends play it. I didn't really like the first few movies either, maybe because I just think it's old-timey, like James Bond has been around forever. It took me and my husband forever to actually get around to watching it. He wanted to see it in the theaters, but since I wasn't really into it, we just waited. But I thought this movie was pretty good. I like that someone dies in it, and I like the story that the guy who used to be on the same team with them is now the enemy. He kind of creeped me out too. Looking albino and everything. I've also seen the bad guy in different movies where I didn't like him either so that added to the dislike. I enjoyed the movie though.   

My Cousin Vinny (R) - Joe Pesci & Marisa Tomei 


I absolutley loved the girl in this movie. I love how she acted, how she talked, her confidence, her sarcasm. She was definitely my favorite character. She's the reason I liked this movie. So basically these two kids accidentally steal a can of tuna and as they are driving away, they get pulled over by the cops. They think it's for the tuna but it turns out they are suspects in a murder that just happened at the corner store they just left. They don't have money for a lawyer so they call up his cousin Vinny to represent them. He's not really good, took him multiple times to pass the bar, hasn't even had a case before. He struggles throughout the whole movie, which is kind of frustrating after it happens too many times. And it turns out his girlfriend is the one that can actually help him win the case, even though he didn't want any help from her. There were a lot of funny parts in this movie too. One of my favorites is when they are waken up every night because of something going on, like a train shakes their room, or a factory whistle blows at 4am. I thought it was a pretty entertaining movie.

The Heat (R) - Sandra Bullock & Melissa McCarthy


Surprisingly, my husband and I have watched a lot of McCarthy's movies recently. I said in a previous post that I thought she looked nasty and gross in Bridesmaids, and I feel the same way about this movie too. She wore the same outfit the entire movie, looking gross, and then she had like these hand bandages that looked all dingy and sweaty. She just looked like she smelled bad in this movie. I love Sandra Bullock, but I don't like when her character is a smart-a. Like in Miss Congeniality. This character was similar to that one, and I didn't really like it. However, I thought this movie was really funny. I think my favorite part is when she cuts off all her clothes in the restroom to look slutty. It was a good comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment