Friday, January 6, 2012

Farrell's

This past Monday I spent the entire day with my in-laws, and we ended up going to Farrell's for dinner. It's this new place that opened on the corner of downtown Brea, and it is always so packed. The line to get in goes halfway around the building...everyday, all day! There is always a line, so my husband and I figured it must be really good since so many people wait in that line to get in. I also heard from someone at church that the waiters had to audition at their interview in order to get the job; sing and dance, I think. An audition for an interview? That's crazy. I thought this place was going to be amazing. And I was excited because it had an old time kind of theme. So, we decided to go. The wait was about an hour long, and the wait for the food was another 30 minutes. We go in and it is noisy as heck. Our waitress pretty much yelled at the top of her lungs every time she talked to us, not because of the noise, but because she felt that was a way to entertain us. I was always afraid that she was going to spit on us because she sounded like she had so much saliva in her mouth. She even danced a little bit while we were waiting for our food, but it was more of an awkward moment than fun entertainment. Every time there was a birthday, an annoying alarm would go off, a bass drum would be played, and all the waiters would yell for the attention of the entire restaurant and then sing a birthday song. There were probably fifteen birthdays that night. And then this one really, really hyper waiter (because they were all pretty hyper) kept getting the entire restaurant to do the wave, and he would yell and make us yell back. I felt like I was at a high school football game, except less fun and more annoying. It was just too much. The food was alright. I got the "Talk of the Town" burger and both my husband and I had bottom buns that were too hard to eat. And they didn't give me enough FRIES! That's the most important part of the meal for me and I barely had any to eat. Farrell's is known for their ice cream, afterall it is an ice cream parlor, but it tasted just like regular ice cream to me; however, my mother-in-law loved it. Maybe I should have gotten something a little more exciting than a sundae. Overall, it was not the greatest experience. We were all pretty much ready to get the heck out of there when we were done. We were there a total of three hours. I don't think I'll ever be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment