Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Duck and Sauerkraut

It's been awhile since I've tried something new. Christmas day I got terribly sick which lasted about a week, and then I got pink-eye so I couldn't really start any new books. I watched the Sound of Music on Christmas day, but I don't really care to post about that movie. I've seen it tons of times, and of course I would recommend it because it's a classic.
For New Years, we went to my sister-in-law's house for dinner, and instead of traditional American food like ham, mashed potatoes, and rolls, we had traditional Asian and German food. Because of my Asian in-laws, we had duck. My husband's step-dad passed away earlier this year, but he was half German so they continued with his tradition of sauerkraut on pork ribs. 
I would say that the duck was alright except that there are a lot of random small bones in the meat. I don't like that very much because I end up biting into a bone and having to pull it out of my mouth in crumbled pieces. I also don't know what part of the duck I am eating like I do with chicken, and that kind of makes me nervous. 
For the sauerkraut, it's not my favorite. I didn't eat much of it, and maybe I was still a little sick and couldn't taste really well, but I didn't like it too much. It covered most of the ribs, so of course being my picky self, I flicked some off. Let's just say it's not something I would eat by choice. Same for the duck. However, my husband absolutely loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment