Wednesday, September 19, 2012

230 Forest Avenue


Last weekend, my husband's aunt, uncle, and cousin came into town to visit. Actually, they were on their way to San Diego to drop off the cousin at college, but stopped to visit with family for awhile. Everyone decided to take them down to Laguna Beach to show them around and just have a relaxed day by the beach and boardwalk. Although it was super hot, it was a nice and enjoyable day. They like to takes lots of pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those to share at the moment, so I got this picture off of Google. Anyways, so after walking around for an hour or so, we decided to go to one of the nice restaurants nearby for lunch, and probably because of my lack of interest in diverse food (ok ok, I'm super picky), we all decided to eat at 230 Forest Avenue, which is pretty much American food. There was a lot of seafood meals to choose from but had enough American plates that I was content on eating there. It was a nice beach restaurant, opened up to the street (as shown in the picture) so at times you get a nice cool breeze, very fancy.

Like always, I was about to get the classic burger. I always go for the classic burger because I'm afraid to try something different. It's the normal, and I'm usually 99% sure that I will enjoy my meal if I get the classic burger. But this time, I decided to try something different; I got the Chipotle Lime Chicken Sandwich. It came with very thinly sliced french fries like the ones you get at Yard House. I usually don't like those kinds of fries because they jip you; it looks like you get a lot, but since they are so thin, it's pretty much nothing. But at 230 Forest Avenue, they gave me tons. And the chicken sandwich was pretty good. It had cheese, some chipotle-lime sauce, bacon (that's my main reason for going with this sandwich), and guacamole. I asked for the guac on the side because I don't like the sandwich being smothered in it. It was delicious. Would I have liked the burger better? Yeah, probably. But the chicken sandwich wasn't a bad choice either. I could only eat half, so I ate the rest for lunch on Monday. So good. 

My husband got the Ahi Tostadas, which was basically a tostada with raw tuna and caviar. Did not look appealing to me in the least, but he said it was great. And my sister-in-law got the Artichoke Chicken, which I tried and it was really good. If I would have known what that actually was, I probably would have got that instead of my chicken sandwich because I love pastas. Anyways, it was a nice afternoon and super good food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment