Monday, September 17, 2012

Breaking Bad- Season Four


Ok, let's see. I'll just do a basic recap first. So the season starts where season three left off: Jesse killed Gale, and now Jesse and Walt are stuck with Mike in the lab, waiting for Gus to get there. Gus ends up slicing another guys throat with a box cutter, and that terrifies Walt, thinking that he will soon be next to die. After killing Gale, Jesse doesn't really care about his life; his house becomes a crack house and his money gets stolen, but he doesn't care. Walt on the other hand is trying to find ways to kill Gus, but he is told that he will never see Gus again. Hank had started investigating the Gale case and found out about the lab notes to the meth lab. He says that this Gale guy was a genius, which irritates Walt. He gets very prideful and ends up telling Hank that Gale is not the mastermind, but just a copy cat, which renews Hank's interest in the case. Jesse has a new job as Mike's "sidekick," but Walt thinks that Gus is trying to get at Walt through this new job of Jesse's, so Walt tells Jesse that he needs to kill Gus with some poison. And because Hank continues to dig through this case, he is actually catching on and suspects Gus.

Ok, so that's the first half of the season. First of all, I think Walt is an idiot. He is such a baby. He gets all pissy just because Hank thinks Gale is the genius behind all of this meth lab stuff. I hate when he gets all possessive and prideful about meth. Like, who would be proud of doing that? It's so stupid. The only thing I would be proud of is the fact that I still haven't gotten caught. Other than that, it's just stupid. And then this whole beginning of the season he treats Jesse like crap, like always I guess, after all the Jesse did for him, after murdering someone for him! Ugh! I hate Walt.

As for Jesse, he frustrates me and makes me sad. Of course I want him to get his life back together and stop being stupid with these crack heads and throwing all of his money away, but then again he just murdered someone in the face! He tries to drown it out with loud music and parties. Poor guy. He seems not to care about his life until he thinks Mike is about to kill him, but when he finds out that he is there for back-up for Mike and "saves Mike's life" he feels like a hero and has more purpose in his life. But of course, Walt tries to take that away from him, and because of that, Jesse and Walt begin to fall apart again. Walt also tries to keep getting Jesse to kill Gus since he sees him more often, but when Jesse continues to fail at it, Walt gets angrier with him.

Hank angers me. For the same reasons as last time. I'm glad that Marie starts to steal things again because Hank is just a butt-hole. It's his own fault that that is her coping mechanism for having such a difficult husband. Yeah, she could be more understanding of how he feels in his situation of not being able to walk that well and whatnot, but when he treats others nice and takes all his anger out on her when she is just trying to support him... I just want to slap him. Other than that, it excites me when he starts to catch on to Gus, and it's frustrating that nobody will believe him. Even after being interviewed, Gus weasels his way out of the questioning and can't be caught with anything. I do like that Hank doesn't back down and stop investigating. I want him to catch them!

So after that the episodes start focusing more on Gus. They show about his past, and how he is connected to Hector, the crazy guy in the wheel chair with the bell. When Gus first started out with his drug business, he and his best friend went to meet with the Mexican cartel. The cartel felt betrayed and killed Gus' friend, and Gus has been seeking revenge ever since. 

Hank keeps investigating Gus and decides to take Walt along with him on his hunt for Gus, and this terrifies Walt because he doesn't want Hank to find out about Gus, and he doesn't want Gus to think Walt is ratting him out. Gus invites Jesse to dinner one night and asks if he knows how to concoct Walt's formula by himself, without Walt's help because he needs Jesse to go to Mexico and be the meth maker for the cartel. Scared, Jesse calls Walt to discuss what is actually going on, but when they are talking, Jesse finds out that Walt put a tracker on his car, and Walt finds out that Jesse's been lying to him about seeing Gus, so they get into a fist fight and end up going their different ways for awhile.

Jesse makes it to Mexico, concocts the meth, meets with the dealer, and Gus poisons all of the cartel members. Dead. When they get back to the states, Gus' men kidnap Walt, drive him to the desert where Gus tells him that he is fired and will be taking care of Hank since he is still investigating Gus. If Walt tries to stop him or even contact Jesse, Gus threatens to kill Walt's entire family. Terrified, Walt goes to Saul and asks about the guy who can make Walt and his family disappear, and later finds out that Skylar has given $600,000 to Ted to pay off the IRS, so they don't have enough money to pay the guy. 

Once Jesse gets back home, his girlfriend calls saying that her son has gotten crazy sick and is in the hospital. Jesse runs to meet up with them, and his girlfriend explains that the doctors have no idea what is making him so sick. He goes out to have a smoke, realizes that the cigarette that had the poison in it for Gus is missing, runs back in to tell his girlfriend that it could be poison, and heads over to Walt's apartment. Totally pissed off, Jesse aims a gun at Walt's head, threatening to kill him because Jesse believes Walt is the one who poisoned the little boy. Walt makes up this story that it was Gus who has been wanting Walt and Jesse separated, Walt dead, and he doesn't care about hurting children, so it must have been Gus who planted the cigarette on the little boy. Satisfied with the story, Jesse ends up back on the same side with Walt, and they plan to kill Gus.

Their first attempt is bombing Gus' car. When Jesse tells Gus that he will not be working until the little boy gets out of the hospital, Gus makes a trip to meet Jesse at the hospital to talk with him. While talking with Jesse, Walt plants a bomb on his car. After their conversation, Gus is on his way back to the car and he stops!! Anyways, after that, Walt goes to Hector, the crazy guy in the wheel chair, and plots with him to kill Gus. Walt plants a bomb on Hector's wheel chair, and later on when Gus goes to visit Hector, he clicks his bell a million times which sets off the bomb, and they all die. At the end, it turns out that it wasn't the poison from the cigarette that hurt the boy, but a poison from a rare plant, that Walt happened to have in his backyard. So it was Walt who poisoned the little boy.

Ok, so, I really don't understand why Gus wants to get rid of Walt so bad. The last thing that happened was what? Jesse killing Gale? And then all of a sudden, Gus doesn't want Walt around anymore, but would rather have Jesse instead? Walt is loyal to Jesse, and vice versa, so I guess I can see the problem there, but why take Jesse instead? Maybe because Jesse is easier to control or to manipulate. Walt just always wants to be in control. Either way, it makes me hate Gus. I know I hate Walt, but I would rather Walt and Jesse be on the same team, and I hate that Gus tries to break that up.


I absolutely love the part where Gus poisons all the cartel members. I was so scared for Jesse, and I was so angry that Gus would just make that deal to leave Jesse in Mexico without Jesse having a say in anything. I always feel so bad for him. But I loved that Gus poisoned them all, and he even threatened his own life by drinking some of the poison as well. I loved it all, and I'm glad he saved Jesse from having to stay there, even though he was probably trying to just save himself and his business from the cartel.

When Gus threatened Walt in the desert, I was so scared for Hank. I was like holy crap, now what is he going to do? There was no way out for Walt, no way he could protect Hank this time unless he put his own wife and kids in danger. And then the part where Walt goes back to get the money for the guy who will help his family disappear, and to find out that his wife gave it all to her lover! Oh my gosh, I would have been so pissed. I was so scared for them, that whole scene was perfect. Skylar's on the phone while Marie is telling her about Hank being threatened, and Walt in the background laughing hysterically like he's become this crazy nutcase.

As for Jesse, oh my gosh. I totally thought he was going to kill Walt in his apartment, and if not kill, at least shoot him in the leg or something. Jesse's emotions were just too crazy because of the kid, and I thought he was just going to do it. No thinking, no listening to Walt's story, he was just too pissed about the kid. But then Walt's story about Gus convinced him. Shoot, it even convinced me. I was like it was definitely Gus! Gus does hurt kids, and he did want Jesse to turn on Walt!! I was happy that they were a team again. And when I found out it really was Walt who poisoned the kid, my husband and I thought that Walt knew that it wouldn't kill him. My brother thinks otherwise. If that's the case, if Walt really didn't plan on the kid not dying, then he is just pure evil. What kind of person kills a child?! But then I guess the next question would be what would you do to protect your family from being killed off? Although I'm positive there are other ways around it then killing a kid. But I like to stick with the idea that Walt knew he wouldn't die. Sounds better to me. 

Ok, so the part where Gus has the bomb on his car, and he's walking in the car garage with his men after talking with Jesse in the hospital, and then he stops?!?! Why? Why the eff did he stop?! How in the world did he know? I'm pretty sure I asked my husband like ten times why did he stop. I was so pissed! I wanted him gone. How is Gus that good to know there was something on his car? No way is he that good. I'm just glad he didn't catch it when the bomb was right next to him on the wheel chair when Hector blew them all to pieces. I never liked Hector either, but I loved that he sacrificed himself to kill Gus. After Gus kept coming back to visit Hector, to taunt him that Gus was killing off all of the rest of his family, all the rest of the cartel, how Gus kept throwing it in Hector's face because Hector is the one that shot Gus' friend in the head. They were both evil, so I'm glad they're all gone.


1 comment: