Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Breaking Bad- Season Three


Omg. I think this has been my favorite season so far, and I've just started season five. Even though it started out kind of slow and boring, it got soo much better. Almost each episode kept me in suspense or brought out some kind of emotion in me.

So it basically starts out with Walt being kicked out of the house and Skylar trying to keep him away from the family, because she knows that he's some kind of drug dealer. She has a big dilemma. She doesn't want her children finding out that Walt is a drug dealer because she figures that because of his cancer, he will probably die soon and it will all be over anyways, and she doesn't want them thinking of their father that way, which is why she just tries to get a divorce. Well, towards the end of the season, she has a change of heart and instead decides to be involved completely with the laundering of the money. I don't know how I really feel about Skylar. I used to hate her because she just pestered Walt all the time, but now that I think about it, that is exactly what I would do, and what most wives would do anyway. And to be honest, would I really rat out my husband to the cops if I found out tomorrow that he's been dealing drugs to support me and our two children? I mean, the whole time Skylar is thinking that Walt is the same person, that his cancer is taking a toll on him, and then all of a sudden, he's a criminal? And yeah, I would be outrageously pissed if I had been lied to this whole time, but who knows what I would actually do. 

Anyways, so the story is that there's these two cholos who are after Walt. These guys are Tuco's cousins, and they want to kill Walt because they believe that he's the one that killed Tuco and they want revenge. But Gus finds out what these guys are up to, and he basically says that Walt is off limits until he is done with his business with Walt, but that they can go after Hank instead.

Now with Hank, he is still trying to figure out what is going on with this blue meth stuff. He gets a lead to Jesse's RV and follows Jesse straight to the RV. Of course, Jesse didn't know he was being followed, so now Hank is at the RV while Walt and Jesse are locked inside. The whole time they're stuck in there I'm thinking, Holy Crap. Hank's finally going to get them. There was no possible way out for them! But then freaken Walt came up with something. His plan was to have someone call Hank, telling him that his wife was in a bad car accident and that he needs to go to her right away. This is the side of Hank that I love. He loves his wife Marie, and he is so pissed off when he finds out that it's a false alarm that he goes to Jesse's house to beat the crap out of him. Would I be mad if my husband did that for me? Nope. Although Hank's sole reason may not have been just about his wife, but the fact that the RV is now completely destroyed and Hank is left with nothing to lead him to the blue meth.

Since Hank beat the crap out of Jesse, his badge and gun were taken away from him and this is where it gets crazy good. He's in the car and he gets a phone call saying that two men are about to attack him in one minute. Without a gun, he is left defenseless. So, Tuco's cousins show up and there's like this massacre. I seriously thought that this was going to be the end of Hank. He ends up shot four times I think, but he lives. One of the cousins is shot in the head, and the other loses his legs but he's still alive and taken to the hospital (but later dies). I don't know how many times I said, "Oh my gosh" during this part of the show, but my husband was laughing at me.

Now this is the side of Hank I hate. Yeah, he's been shot four times and can't really walk, but Marie is there taking care of him, trying to talk to him, being nice to him, doing things for him, and the entire time he is the biggest jerk to her. He doesn't talk to her. He complains that the chips she bought him were the wrong kind, without even thanking her for anything. He tells her to leave him alone. He doesn't want her encouragement, but he listens to everyone elses. Anyways, after this season, I don't like Hank as much as I used to. 

Now back to Walt and Jesse. They work together in Gus's master meth lab. Jesse meets this girl, finds out that her little brother has been inducted into a gang, and he's the one that killed Jesse's friend Combo. This is a big deal to Jesse because he has a soft spot when it comes to children in this kind of environment. He reminds me of my cousin Eric, acts all cool and tough, but when it comes to children, he just loves them to death and won't let anyone mess with them. Anyways, so Jesse plans to kill these two guys that this kid works with. Turns out that they work for Gus. Gus says no more children, then the kid ends up dead, and Jesse goes out for revenge. Jesse's about to die trying to kill these guys when Walt shows up, runs them over, and shoots one in the head!

Back at the lab, there is a new assistant Gale who Gus wants to take over the lab for when he ends up killing Walt. Walt figures it all out and plans to kill Gale so that they can't kill him or there won't be anyone left who can make the meth like Walt can. Then crazy stuff happens, and it turns out Jesse has to be the one to kill Gale in order to save Walt's life!! I cried for Gale. He was just a nerd who loved chemistry, and when Jesse had the gun in his face, the look on Gale's face just made me so sad. I felt so bad for that poor guy. I was so upset that it left me at a cliff hanger that I yelled at my husband to get the next season ASAP. And I also felt so sad for Jesse because he's a drug dealer, not a murderer. Especially killing someone who was innocent.

Now I just want to make things clear. I have always hated Walt. I think he is a hot head, who is mean to Jesse, and manipulative to Skylar, and just a down right awful person. But I absolutely hate when Jesse and Walt aren't on the same team. And the end of this season just shows how much they care for each other and how loyal they are to one another, and I love it. It was such a good season. 


No comments:

Post a Comment