Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Breaking Bad- Season Two


*Spoilers*

This is the season where Skylar starts to really irritate me. All throughout the first season she cries and complains about not knowing where Walt is and what he is doing, and then when he finally stays home to be with them, she does the exact same thing to him. She decides to leave and not tell Walt where she is going. It just doesn't make sense to me. Yeah, I know she's pissed, but for me, if I finally get what I want, I'm not going to try and ruin things again. She just really got on my nerves. 

I like that Tuco dies at the beginning of this season. I hated that guy. 

I continue to feel sorry for Jesse. He's the one that gets beat on when kidnapped by Tuco, he's the one that gets caught by the police and is questioned, he's the one that loses all of his money, he's the one that has one of his best friends die while trying to sell. I just feel so bad for him. And I know he continues to do stupid stuff like act like an idiot, but deep down he has real people feelings. Like these other crazy drug dealers don't care who they kill and what they do, but Jesse isn't like that. Jesse's character becomes more compassionate. He starts to like his neighbor Jane and he takes care of the kid with the two meth addicts for parents; he is very protective of children, which is also shown in season 3. I also love Jesse's friends Skinny Pete, Badger, and Combo. They just make me laugh. 

This season also ends with Walt showing how much he cares for Jesse. He doesn't want to give Jesse his half of the money because he doesn't want him to use it on drugs and overdose. When Jane dies, even though Walt didn't prevent her from dying, he is there to take care of him and help him through it. He pulls Jesse out of the crack house and takes him to rehab. It finally shows how much Jesse actually means to Walt. 

And I actually really liked Jane throughout the season except for the end. It kind of made me mad that she got Jesse to do some crazier drugs, and it made me mad that Jesse didn't stop her since she was a recovering addict. I also didn't like how she turned out to be evil and threatened Walt for the money just so they could get more drugs. 

As for Hank, he is having a hard time with life after seeing everyone blown to pieces while he was in El Paso. He acts like it's nothing and continues to joke around with his friends at work, but I just feel bad for him. I wish he would just tell his wife what is wrong with him because I feel bad for her too. She's trying to understand him and be there for him, but he doesn't let her in.

I absolutely love that Skylar finally found out about what Walt does. Even though I hated her bugging him about it, I was just tired of the whole trying to keep it a secret from her thing.One thing I absolutely hated about this season was the stupid pink stuffed animal thing they would do at the beginning of most of the episodes. You know, like it's supposed to lead to something crazy at the end, and all that happens is a stupid plane crash. Very disappointing.

New Characters from Season 2:
Saul Goodman- He is Jesse's and Walt's new lawyer who really does look out for their best interests. When he was first introduced, I thought he was going to be a bad guy and try to blackmail the guys so that he could get more money, but he really does his best to take care of them. He's one of my favorite characters.

Gustavo- He is the leader of everything. He runs the entire meth industry in New Mexico. In season 2, he is very secretive, not much is really known about him and what he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment