Saturday, December 24, 2011

Catching Fire & Mockingjay- Suzanne Collins

I just finished these books today. I borrowed them from a lady at church saying that I would return them within two weeks, and I was right. These books just get me hooked and I can't stop reading. The whole Hunger Games series is just awesome in general. I would say the first book is my favorite. Catching Fire was actually really good too. I was told it was the worst of the three, but I don't agree. I think the books get worse as they go. Well, I wouldn't say "worse" exactly because they are all really good, the books just aren't as good as the previous one. Catching Fire makes me hate the Capitol so much more, and I feel sorry for Katniss because of what she is forced to do. Mockingjay started off really slow for me. I previously said I don't like war-ish type stuff, like with politics and military and such. Well, Mockingjay started out like that so it was hard for me to keep interest. I also don't like how the book ended. I felt that Collins sped up the ending; she tried to fit so much into the last three pages, and that kind of irritated me. She only wrote it to make a conclusion, and I know it's not a love story, but she could have elaborated so much more. Oh well. I still loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment