Monday, December 24, 2018

Whip It

Image result for whip it movie

I've tried starting this post three times and every time I get to it I just want to get it over with. I guess that shows how much I didn't care for this movie.

The story line is that this girl's mom wants her to be in all these debutante beauty pageants so that she can learn how to be a lady, but this girl just looks gross and likes to look gross... never has her hair brushed, always wearing clothes too big for her and dingy looking. Obviously she just doesn't care to be in any of these pageants, or to be a lady. She ends up finding out about these roller derby chicks and decides she wants to do that instead. She sneaks around and joins a team even though she's too young to play. She ends up being assigned to the suckiest team but because she's so good that team starts to win a lot and ends up going to the championship. Well, someone finds out that she is too young to play, and her parents find out that she's been playing, and a beauty pageant is on the same night.. so she decides herself that she won't go to the game. Then her dad looks her up online and finds all these videos of her playing and how good she is and decides to let her play in the championship game, because she needs parents approval to play since she's too young. She ends up playing and her whole family shows up and supports her, even her mom, which I thought was the cutest part of this movie.

I did not really like this movie. It was like a fun, easy movie to watch, but I just did not like how she dressed and looked and acted.. like wash yourself. It was fun to see how many actresses I knew though.. there were a lot. I just don't like the main actress.. Juno.. I don't even know her name but in all her movies she plays the same character.. girl who can't dress herself, who doesn't care about what anyone says, acts older than her age.. bleh.


No comments:

Post a Comment