Saturday, July 13, 2013

Girlish Movies

Identity Thief (R) - Jason BatemanMelissa McCarthy


The first time I saw Melissa McCarthy was when she was in Bridesmaids. I don't know if that's the first movie she's ever done, but that's the first one I saw her in, and I thought she was just so disgusting. She looked like she was dirty and smelled in that movie, and it really grossed me out, even though her character was pretty funny. My husband was more interested in seeing Identity Thief than I was, but we rarely watch comedies, or I should say, we don't watch comedies as often as we watch dramas or action movies, so I was in the mood for a comedy. As always, I'm hesitant on watching rated R comedies because they are usually more disgusting with nudity and stuff than it is actually funny. But that wasn't the case with this movie, although this was one of those frustrating movies where bad stuff keeps happening one after the other. It was actually a pretty funny movie, and it made me like this girl again, she redeemed herself from Bridesmaids. I'm not sure I would watch this movie again though.

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (PG-13) - Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson


I absolutley loved this movie. And that's not a joke. I don't care if I spoil this movie because it's too popular and too old for someone not to have seen this yet. Anyway, I think the movie was made pretty well, and it got me really good. The part where the Volturi come to kill the new baby and then they all start fighting because the Volturi cut off the Cullen dad's head.. I was like, I don't remember this part in the book OMG. And the scene lasted a good 20 minutes until it cut back to Alice thinking all that in her head. It was crazy, and I loved that they did it like that. I think that's the most significant thing I remember from that movie, and I liked it so much, it made me really like the entire thing.

The Guilt Trip (PG-13) - Seth Rogan, Barbara Streisand


So I went to go see this movie with my mother. Let me tell you a little bit about my mother. She's a crybaby, but when it comes to movies she sheds no tears. Hardly ever. Like we watched The Other Sister one time, about the cancer girl, and she didn't even sniffle once. She walked out with dry eyes like the movie bored her. But this movie.. When it comes to anything that reminds her of her sons, she bawls like a baby. 
The story is that her son created a new cleaning product and is traveling the states to try and get his product on stores' shelves. He goes home to visit his mother one day and then something happens to where he feels bad for her and decides to invite her on the trip with him. They go through the whole trip learning new things about each other, like why the mother doesn't date anymore after her husband's gone, or why the son isn't hung up on his ex anymore since she left him. And then she learns that he invited her with an alterior motive instead of just for fun, hence "the guilt trip" and during that moment of the movie, my mom bawled. Ok, not bawled but she cried, and that's saying a lot. And then of course she cried at the end when her son left her again, and she cried at the beginning when the mom wondered why her son likes to live so far away from her. This movie wasn't helping my brother's case at all.
Anyway, I did actually enjoy watching this movie. It was simple and relatable. Good movie.

Perks of Being a Wallflower (PG-13) - Emma Watson


I usually like to watch movies where the actors have been a main character in a series of popular movies, just to see how they can act outside of that role. Like Stewart in Twilight and Snow White and the Huntsman. So I really wanted to watch this movie with Hermoine from Harry Potter. I was excited to see how different she would be in this one. My husband would never let me get this movie from Redbox. Everytime we would go, he would convince me on watching something else, so when he went out of town for a wedding, I rented it without him. I know it's our thing to watch movies together, but that's not usually the case when it comes to movies the other one doesn't want to watch, and he obviously didn't care too much to see this one.
Anyway, as I said, I was excited to see this movie. But the movie itself was unexpected. I was thinking it would be more along the lines of a corny movie or teenager movie, but instead it was a dark kind of movie with drugs and suicide and molestation. I did not really like how it turned out. I was always on edge thinking something sad and dark was going to happen out of nowhere.  However, I did like Emma Watson's part, I think she did really well. And I loved her gay brother in the movie, he was super funny. I don't think I would ever watch this movie again though.

No comments:

Post a Comment