Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Random Movies

Les Miserables (PG-13) - Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway


I was completely disappointed with this movie. I knew it was a musical so I expected singing, but singing the whole entire frikin movie?! Singing conversations back and forth to each other? I thought that was a little weird. I was expecting more like Moulin Rouge or Hairspray, but whatever. I didn't really remember the story from watching the play when I went to New York in 2007, and I might have read the book for a high school assignment, but I don't remember if I did that either. Anyway, it's a good story. I didn't care too much for this particular version though. I did cry at the end though when he finally goes on after his little girl gets married and is taken care of. I would not care to watch this again though. Too much singing.

Man of Steel (PG-13) - Henry Cavill, Amy Adams


I love Superman. I didn't grow up reading his comics or watching his cartoons or anything, but I did watch Smallville and I absolutely loved that show. I watched every single episode of all ten seasons. That's also how my husband and I met. Well not met, but it's how we started hanging out, we'd watch the episodes together. And Tom Welling is a babe. Anyway, I was totally excited to watch this movie when it came out. We of course watched it opening weekend, like we do all superhero movies. I surprisingly didn't get confused since I usually do when it goes into different worlds with weird names and weird people. I really liked this movie except for one part. There's only so much action scenes I can take. Toward the end of the movie, Superman and the bad guy were fighting and fighting and fighting and fighting. I was tensed up for so long that I snapped back into reality and got bored. That scene felt like it lasted 30 minutes, it was so ridiculous. But other than that, I enjoyed the movie.

Jeff, Who Lives at Home (R) - Jason Segal, Ed Helms


  So my friend let us use her netflix account a couple of months ago, so my husband and I were roaming through the movies one day, and we can never agree on a movie to watch because I think he usually picks weird ones. Well we came across this movie, and there were actors in it that I knew and we both hadn't really heard about this movie, or at least he said he didn't so that I would agree to watch it with him. The movie did turn out to be a little weird, but I liked it. Basically it was about a guy Jeff who felt like he had some purpose in life to fulfill but he just couldn't figure it out, and while he couldn't figure it out he would just smoke weed and live in his mom's basement. Jeff didn't get along with his older brother who was going through something with his wife, but Jeff ends up helping him out. Then their mom is just sad about being alone and starts to like another woman, kind of weird. But it wasn't that bad of a movie, and it was actually kind of funny. I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment