Monday, August 13, 2012

Die Hard (R) - Bruce Willis


When I was younger, I think I remember my mom saying that she hated Bruce Willis, and ever since then for some reason or another, I've never been a Bruce Willis fan. I wasn't too excited to watch this movie for two reasons: 1) It's an old movie; 1988. The fashion is old and ugly, and I just don't like it. And 2) There's Bruce Willis.  My husband and I had been watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and we came across the episode where Ross, Joey, and Chandler get super excited to watch Die Hard, and my husband was like, "Oh yeah!! You gotta watch that!" So we did. 

To be honest, I kind of liked it. It was full of action that kind of gets your heart pumping, and makes you want to yell, "don't go in there!"  And there were also the times where you are like, "ughh, if he would have just known, it would all be over." But then there are those times where you're like, "hahaha yeah, right. I thought this guy was dead?!?" Some of it was predictable, especially the end. There's also a lot of humor; a lot of funny one-liners. And some of it was super cheesy, like with Carl Winslow, who also plays a cop in this movie, not just in Family Matters, which I thought was super funny. What I also thought was funny was my husband. He kept trying to make me guess where I knew the bad guy from. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, but he kept saying, "just wait, you'll get it." And then I did. It's Snape from Harry Potter! 

Good movie. I think I'd watch it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment