Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Woodland Cafe

There really is no picture for this restaurant since it's a rinky-dink hole-in-the-wall. I guess I could walk the two minutes from my work to take a picture since it's right down the street, but that's just too much of a hassle. And speaking of rinky-dink hole-in-the-wall places, and knowing my love for them, you can imagine how excited I was when I got to eat there with my husband for lunch. 

This place has a variety of food: Burgers & fries, salads, Philly cheese steaks, and even a Teriyaki plate, and it is all pretty cheap too. I usually just start out with the basics when I first try a place because it should be easy to get it nice and delicious, so of course I got the burger and fries. I mean, if the burger and fries are really good, then the other food should be pretty good, right?  But unfortunately, I was super disappointed. Especially in the fries. If you know me, you know that fries make the meal. I absolutely love to eat at places with good fries. (If you want to see my list of places with the best fries, look here.) Usually, if the fries suck, then I won't even enjoy the burger that much. And these fries sucked. They were too dry even after I put a lot of salt on them. And even though the burger was greasy (which for some weird reason, I like that), it had no flavor to it. Maybe I had my hopes up too high. It's easy to say I won't be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment