Tuesday, August 7, 2012

True Romance (R) - Christian Slater

I am actually embarrassed to write about this movie. My husband and I have decided to watch "Sunday Stinkers" which means that we pick a movie that we haven't really heard much about, or we pick one that we kind of want to see even though we've heard bad things about it. Well, a couple of Sunday's ago, we watched this one, and first of all, I felt super bad because I didn't know it was rated R, and I know I shouldn't watch them anyways, but watching it on Sunday made me feel uncomfortable. Ha. I swear I'm not only a Sunday Mormon! Because of this movie, we decided that no more "Sunday Stinkers" would be rated R. 

Anyway, because I knew nothing about this movie, I really didn't know what to expect. I kind of thought it would be a lovey movie seeing as that is what the title says, but now that I think about, why would my husband suggest this movie unless there was disgusting gruesome scenes and blood? Actually, he probably didn't know that it would be as bad as it was, but he heard about this movie from his guy co-workers, so I'm sure he heard that there were some "cool" actions scenes or what not. However, they were not cool. It was super gross. Maybe not as bad as Drive, but still nothing I wanted to see. 

Some good things about this movie: It was funny to see Brad Pitt in this movie, apparently when he first started out. Also, I kind of liked the girls character. She was a bad-a when it came to her keeping her mouth shut and taking a beating/ basically killing someone when she was being asked questions. And the last thing I liked was that even though the stuff they did was stupid and ridiculous and immoral and awful, they did it for their love for each other, which I guess is the point of this movie. 

Don't ever watch it.

1 comment: