Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Away We Go (R)- John Krasinski & Maya Rudolph

Seeing this cover, my first impression would be, "Oh no, this is going to be another stupid movie like 'Juno' or any of the other weird movies Michael Cera is in like 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist' or worst of all 'Scott Pilgrim.'" So luckily I didn't see this cover or else I would have put up a fight to not watch it. However, I do love the two main characters. Of course I love Krasinski from 'The Office', and I love Rudolph from 'Bridesmaids' and her new TV show 'Up All Night'. So maybe I would have given it a chance since they were in it. Who knows. I watched it anyway. And there's a lot I could relate to.

Just to let you know a little bit about what's going on with me, my husband and I are kind of at a stand still right now. We live in California while my husband is attending law school, but our circumstances have changed, and we no longer have the financial support we used to have. Of course, being in California this is a problem because it is quite expensive to live here. I want to go back and live in Texas (or anywhere but here for that matter), but my husband doesn't.

So back to the movie, it's about them getting pregnant and basically traveling around to different states to find a place to start new. You can see how this is fitting for us. (Not the pregnant part though in case you were wondering.) I kept telling my husband, "See, let's just get up and go. I don't wanna be here anymore," but he just kept smiling at me. Anyway, while they are traveling, they go to see friends in each state they visit. They see how their friends' family life is: they see the struggles, the different values, the lifestyles, and they see the different ways of parenting. The whole time I was thinking the falling action of the story plot was going to be the main characters fighting and breaking up, but it turned out that wasn't the case, and that is one of the main reasons I really enjoyed this movie. They're in it together the whole time.

Now if only I can just get my husband to move... Maybe I should get pregnant..??

2 comments:

  1. Chris and I had to make negotiations for him to convince me to have a baby so soon. Best way to get what you want :) but only if he wants a baby more than you do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Actually, I meant maybe I should have a baby, that way it would force him to move to a cheaper place to live.

    ReplyDelete