Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What To Expect When You're Expecting (PG-13)


At my church right now, there are at least five pregnant women, and about three who just had babies. It's crazy. And because there are a lot of women with children, usually once a month we plan a girls night out so that they can get away from their house for awhile. This month it was my turn to pick the activity along with my friend Meagan. We chose to go out to Yogurtland and then watch this movie together since many could relate (and it was in the cheap theater). 


I have a few things to say:

First of all, I hate that girl Anna Kendrick. I said this in a previous post, but I hate the way she acts, I hate everything about her in all movies. She annoys the heck out of me. I don't know what it is, but I can't stand her. I have yet to find a movie where I like her in it. She's one of those annoying actors like Juno and that girl in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, I don't remember her name, but those girls suck. Kendrick now belongs to that group.

Anyways, I actually really like the movie. I'm sure I would like it a lot more once I experience pregnancy for myself. But what I really loved about the movie was that it showed having a baby from a lot of different perspectives. There was the couple who was trying to have a baby for years and finally got pregnant, but everything about the pregnancy was really hard, it was rough on her body, and labor took a long time. There was the girl who had the easiest pregnancy- didn't get tired, didn't gain a lot of weight, sneezed and the baby came out. ha. I do wonder if that has ever happened for somebody. I'm sure it's what all women wish could happen. There was the couple who couldn't get pregnant at all and had to adopt. Then there was the couple who wasn't married, they had just been living together, and they weren't even planning on having a baby at all. And then there was the girl who had a one night stand, wasn't even dating that guy, and then she had a miscarriage.

It was an emotional movie. There was a lot of humor with the Daddy Group, very sad when the miscarriage happened and with one of the couples after the baby was delivered, a lot of joy (I cried) when the couple finally got to adopt the baby, and kind of an annoying feeling with the dad competing with the son. I think this movie had a good balance with everything. And usually movies with a lot of well-known actors in it like "Valentine's Day" and "He's Just Not That Into You" are awful, but that was not the case with this movie. It was overall pretty good. 

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this movie twice now and I've loved it both times. Daddy group is obviously my favorite, but I love Elizabeth Banks' character. The fact that she was all perfect and then broke down just made me so happy, and I loved how at the end she just didn't care - and I loved watching her with her "mother-in-law" (she's not my mom!) haha! I thought I'd hate Anna Kendrick in it, especially because I HATED her in Twilight, but I actually didn't mind her this time. I liked her boyfriend a lot.

    ReplyDelete