Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises (PG-13)- Christian Bale, Tom Hardy


One of the many things I absolutely love about my husband is his love for movies. Although sometimes I have to admit, his movie choices suck, but when it comes to seeing the new super hero movies as soon as they come out, he's eager to do it. I don't think I have ever seen so many movies opening weekend as I have since we've been together. We don't necessarily go opening night at midnight, but he doesn't like to wait until the next week either.

So here's the crazy story with this one: 

My husband and his brother decided they would not watch this movie unless they saw it in the IMAX (which I was completely excited for), and seeing as they both don't like to wait a couple days to watch it, they wanted the first available time. And you want to know what time that was? 2:20 AM on Saturday. Now, if I were maybe 17, and I didn't have to wake up at 7:00 every morning for work, I wouldn't care. But seeing as how that Friday I woke up at 7, and I treasure my sleep, and I can't stay up as late as I used to, I was not too excited about this decision. I decided I would just have to take a nap after I got home from work and then drink a Super Gulp full of caffeinated soda from 7 Eleven before we went to the theaters. But we all know that feeling of knowing that we HAVE to go to sleep, and because we HAVE to go to sleep, we can't. And that's what happened. I fell asleep for two hours (when I was planning for four), and then I couldn't go back to bed. 

So we get to the theaters about midnight and wait in line. I brought a card game so the time would pass quicker. We got pretty good seats. I peed about three times before actually going into the theater, and once right before the movie started. And of course an hour into this almost three hour movie, I have this intense push on my bladder because of all the soda I drank, but of course I hold it so I don't miss any of the movie, and so I don't have to walk over 20 people to get to the restroom. BUT! I wasn't tired!

The movie was great. I told my husband I wanted to watch the first two movies before we saw this one so that I would be up to speed with everything, but we didn't have any time. So during the movie, they reference some stuff from Batman Begins, and I just didn't get it. I was a little disappointed. I remember The Dark Knight well because I've seen it so many times, so comparing The Dark Knight Rises to The Dark Knight, I would say The Dark Knight is much better. The Dark Knight Rises is... I don't know how to explain it. Not as interesting? Not as exciting? Because I loved the Joker, and I don't know how I feel about Bane. There's also not a lot of Batman in the movie either, and I didn't like that. The only reason I say anything negative about the movie though is just because of my comparison to the others, but I mean, it's Batman, so of course overall the movie is really good. It had a lot of action that actually made me tense up during the movie. It's surprising (that's all I'll say about that). And seeing it in the IMAX made it so much better.

1 comment:

  1. i believe i only slept for a total of six minutes before the movie. BUT! i wasn't tired either.

    ReplyDelete