Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fa Sai


Of course, being that my husband is Asian, I have to try all kinds of different foods, usually foods that I find disgusting; well, not disgusting, but let's just say I'd much rather spend my money on a Big Mac from McDonalds. He used to work in a Thai restaurant when we both lived in Provo while we were dating, so I ate there a lot and it wasn't that bad. I only chose from two different dishes and the spring rolls, but the spring rolls were the best I have ever had in my life. But there was another experience I had where my good friend took me to a Thai restaurant in San Antonio, and when I walked in, the smell reminded me of my dog's breath. It smelt so awful, and when my plate came out, it was all up in my face and I couldn't eat it. Needless to say, I wasted my money at that place, which is why I usually don't like to try new things unless someone else is paying. Ha. 

You can bet I was very hesitant on trying this new place with my husband. When we drove up and I saw that it was this tiny restaurant in the middle of a strip of stores, I almost said, "you can eat here, I'll get myself something else." Or maybe I actually did say that, I don't remember. But my husband made me go in and try it, and it turned out...... it wasn't all that bad. It wasn't as good as the place in Provo, and it was for sure a heck of a lot better than the place in San Antonio, so I'd go there again. It wouldn't ever be my choice to go, but if my husband wanted to go again, I wouldn't be so reluctant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment