Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (R) - Gary Oldman


Let's just say, my husband wasn't too happy with me after this movie was over. First of all, they talk in these heavy British accents. Second of all, it involves war. And third of all, it does cut scenes where it goes back in time. Anyone who knows me knows that these are probably the things that confuse me the most in any movie, and this one had all three!! I was not happy.

Basically, a guy is fired from this spy-place, and then he is talked to privately about a year later telling him that there might be a mole in the spy-place and he has the task of finding out who it is. I think that's right at least. Who knows. We had to pause the movie at least ten times to discuss what was going on, AND we had to read the flippin' outline of the movie online to make sure we understood.  Well, I had to read it at least. My husband was not happy with me by the end because I kept pausing it every five minutes since I was so confused, and he was trying to explain it to me, but I didn't care to listen because I just wanted to read the outline. Also, one of the characters names was Control. So they would say stuff like, "That's not want Control said." And the whole time they were saying that, I thought they were talking about the group of men that would gather together to discuss everything since that is usually what Control is in these types of movies, right? Confused the heck out of me. Anyway, awful movie, awful experience.

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to mention that you don't like sci-fi/alien movies either. anyway, i can confirm that this was one of the most frustrating movie watching experiences that i've ever had.

    ReplyDelete