Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Drive (R)- Starring Ryan Gosling

This movie will not be considered as one of my favorites. Going into this movie, I had neither heard nor seen anything about it, but because it was Ryan Gosling, someone who I think makes pretty good movies, I was like how bad can it be? Oh, it was bad. Not only does Ryan Gosling take 30 seconds to respond to someone, and if you think about it, 30 seconds is a long time to sit there staring at someone after they asked you a question, it got kind of awkward, but this movie is outrageously gory. I had to cover my eyes just so I wouldn't see a knife going through someones body part. I will admit that the first half of the movie grabbed my attention, especially the opening action scene. I was pretty pumped up about it after the first 15 minutes, but after someone else's body part was blown to pieces half way through the movie, I wasn't excited anymore. It all pretty much went downhill from there, for me at least. Although, I will give it that the plot was totally unexpected; I was expecting more of a "Fast and the Furious" kind of movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment