Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Books Up-To-Date

Since I haven't had the desire to read any books until after I graduated from BYU, (sparknotes was all I read throughout grade school) I will update about all the books I have read in the past 3 months, which also means all the books I've read in my entire life. My new love of reading is quite easy to explain....I got married. Not saying I don't like spending time with my husband, because as he and I both know I hate being without him, but he has other interests than I do. He likes video games, sports (I just like NBA basketball), and he also studies for law school, so I had to find a new pasttime. So without further ado...
My Most Recent Books:

Harry Potter- J.K. Rowling 
I will most likely read these again later on in life, and when I do, I will give a more detailed description of each, but for now I will just say that I love this entire series. I will admit, these are the only books I ever read growing up, but to be honest, I remembered nothing. By the time the next book came out I had already forgotten what happened in the book previous, and I had no desire to refresh my memory. But now that I was able to read these books back-to-back, and also have the movies to watch afterwards, they have been much more entertaining. I am looking forward to reading these to my kids.


Twilight Saga- Stephanie Meyer 


Reading these books after finishing the Harry Potter series was not the best idea. Or maybe reading them as a 23 year-old instead of a teenager was the problem. Either way, these books were kind of annoying. I'm not going to lie, they kept me interested, and I can't wait to see the rest of the movies, but it's not something I would read again. Bella's obsession with Edward and how Meyer continuously describes the mesmerizing features of Edward is too repetitive and cheesy. No wonder the movies make me feel awkward. I would recommend these only because they've become well-known in the world, or if you're a 15 year-old girl.

The Help- Kathryn Stockett   


As you can see, if a book is going to be turned into a movie, I will most likely want to read it. The Help was a pretty interesting read. At times, I felt like it was getting a little boring, but as soon as that thought crossed my mind, something exciting would happen. Not only did this book make me literally laugh out loud, it really pissed me off too. Some of these characters I just wanted to punch in the face. Still a movie I have yet to see, but I am looking forward to it. I would definitely recommend this book. 

Room for Love- Andrea Meyer  


I came across this book in the library as I was trying to find "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. Since they didn't have that book, and I didn't want to make my husband wait even longer for me, I just took this book off the shelf and checked it out. Not a good idea. It was all about this girl slutting it up in New York, trying to find her perfect guy by being a shallow whore. To say the least, I did not like this book and I would not recommend it for anyone, especially shallow whores, because she ends up happily-ever-after and we all know there's a low chance of finding a great-looking guy who treats you well. (I have the only one.)

3 comments:

  1. i agree and agree and agree.

    the 4th book of the twilight series...well i wanted to rip my eyes out for reading it and then fling poop for lack of plot, lack of climax, and lack of good ending. i think if you're gonna build up all this suspense about powerful vamps, more people should die. kill the baby or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and thank you! for sharing my silly blog on your fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, it was a lot of suspense for nothing to happen. I didn't realize when reading it because I was already expecting a "happy ending" like always. And no prob! I like you're blog.

    ReplyDelete