Thursday, December 8, 2011

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (PG-13)

I don't care how "grown up" I am, or how many times I'm laughed at for reading a Harry Potter book by a server at Fuddruckers during my lunch break... I love Harry Potter. I recently bought seven of the movies (not 7.2, still waiting on that one from my brother) at Walmart for $4 each, and I have been watching them in order whenever my husband is busy. For some reason, my 30-year-old husband doesn't like to re-watch them, and I can't imagine why. Anyway, yesterday he was taking a final at law school which left me six hours to myself all alone at my apartment, so I decided to pop in the next Harry Potter on the list. 

This book was my favorite of all the books when reading them; however, it is not my favorite of the movies. I just think the movies get better as they go. The plot is my favorite though. All that crap Moody aka Barty Crouch, Jr. does to make sure Harry touches the portkey trophy so that he ends up in a graveyard near Voldemort, I just think it's crazy how someone's imagination can think up all of this stuff. And I remember when I read the book the first time, years ago, how I was just so amazed and shocked that it was Moody and not Snape. I think this plot is my favorite one because Voldemort actually comes back, and then the story gets so much better and more complicated as it goes on. If only the actors were a little bit better. Oh well. I probably won't re-watch the movies as many times as I reread the books, but that's ok, I got them at a good price.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished the 4th book today!! We just bought like 5 of the movies from walmart at $10 and we go back like a week later and they're $4. I was pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you finished it before reading this post. It would've ruined it for you! Unless of course you've already seen the movie. And yeah, that was a good deal, I had to get them.

    ReplyDelete